Time was ticking down, that's all there was to it. February had arrived and in a few short weeks the most important day of the month would be upon us. The color red was everywhere in sight and all it reminded me of was how very alone I was, my heart breaking a bit more each day that passed. My desperation was starting to get the better of me as I overheard couples laughing at their good fortune; they already had reservations. I saw buddies high fiving one another, obviously over the moon for the same reason. How was I ever going to find a way to celebrate the most important day of this very month?
People hoped that I would find a way, some even wished me luck, offered their condolences. I had almost given up complete hope until something miraculous and wonderful happened last friday night.
I had been at work for just about two hours and my phone (on vibrate of course, so as not to interrupt my work environment) had been going off in my apron like mad. I went into the kitchen to check what must have been hundreds of texts when I noticed I had received two emails. One of them was junk mail and I made a mental note to tell the sender that her address had been hacked and to change her password....and the second sent me into a flurry of emotional panic. I ran to grab my wallet, then I ran to the nearest computer...could it be? COULD IT BE? I opened the email, clicked on the link, highlighted best available - 2 tickets, clicked enter, and watched as ticketmaster offered me two seats to the 2011 NHL Heritage Classic!!!
What a relief! February has been saved!! (You all thought I was talking about Valentine's Day, didn't you?)
GO FLAMES GO!!!
T
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment