After a two and a half year hiatus, MAMA IS HOME!! That's right, and with the news I must also offer my apologies for neglecting to get back into the swing of things with my entries. I've been struggling with the idea of changing my blog name, because let's face it, it's awesome. So now, I'm wearing straight red, no whites and my first game on home ice is going to be... you'll never guess... the VANCOUVER CANUCKS!!! How Appropriate, just sayin'.
Come December 27th I will be more ecstatic than ever to see those ridiculous whale jerseys flopping around the ice, back in the 'Dome where ALL of the fans wear their colors. In an arena where we cheer FOR our team, not AGAINST the opposing. Where our team mascot gears up the crowd with "Go Flames Go" signs and keeps us positive!
And so the good news is that I can finally enjoy being at a hockey game without the harassment from grown men who can afford $200 tickets and that seems to be the only reason they go, for status. I paid $45 for MY ticket. Suckers. I'd pay $45 to watch the Flames pulverize the Canucks any day. The GREAT news is that I'm home for every Red Mile event and you know I'll be there for every one of them. No road trips home for the playoffs this year!
To all of the Jarome haters out there... he IS the Calgary Flames, so back off. For anyone who has anything negative to say about his performance you need to remind yourself of a few things. We are a scoring team and that is what you should have on the top of your priority list as a Calgary fan. He has transformed a team that left the season last year with very little chemistry into a group of men who all seem to be performing quite well as a unit. If you need anymore than that then I suggest you turn on your TV to today's game. Iginla has points in all three goals, two of them from the tip of his own stick. Living in Vancouver and watching their fans give up on their own team every second day has stretched my patience for band wagon jumpers. You're in or you're out. Leave Jarome alone.
All in all, it's been a great return back to my city. I still wear my socks (although some of them have been stitched back together, so I've asked the boys for new ones in my stocking!) and I still sport my mitties! I guess for now I can survive without my Away Jersey, but a road trip is in the works.... somewhere, some day... I'll be an "Away Jersey" again. But for right now...
MAMA'S HOME!
Go Flames Go!!!
T
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment