Flames Central NYE 2010

Flames Central NYE 2010

Sunday, December 27, 2009

"Sending Your Boys Back A-Whale'n!"

Today is Danielle and I's 2nd annual Post-Christmas game together. Last year we were both terribly sick and went anyway with terrible flu-like faces captured forevermore in the digital world. This year...my friend was MIA for two days and I thought we weren't going to make it...but I got the phone call this morning from a very sick Flames Fan who was very adamant about not missing this game. What a trooper! That's a REAL fan!

Let's get caught up on some stats, shall we? As it stands right now we have four games in hand and are five points behind top spot in our division with Colorado in first place. We have two games in hand against each other rival, one point ahead of the Canucks, four points ahead of the Wild and a giant lead against the Oilers with an eleven point gap. What that tells me is that we are in good standing all with a nice rest over the holidays. Full bellies and hearts alike, I gather that the fight in us is as strong as ever. While the month of December hasn't looked quite as promising as the previous month of November, I have a wonderful feeling about this last week of 2009.

Tonight's game hosting the Canucks means a lot more to me than any other regular game, not that I look at ANY game in that light, but hear me out. Coming from GM place, which sort of reminds me of switching schools in elementary, no friends, you're not wearing the "right clothes"... you just don't fit in! Well, who wants to when the shoe just doesn't fit? Not this girl! However, I must admit, you get used to defending yourself after a while and it is something I find that I miss. BUT, as quickly as the feeling came, it passed...I'm over it.

I have never been at the Saddledome for a Canucks game, so this is a real treat. I also brag about our 'Dome announcer all the time, it's been exactly one year since I've heard him roll his R's and drag out a players first name in anticipation! He's the best! I miss hearing the sweet sound of the buzzer when a goal is scored instead of watching desperately for the tiny light above Luongo to go off. I won't miss "LUUUUUUU" although I still laugh every time I hear it reminding me of Chelsea screaming at the top of her lungs! Classic. I can't wait for the flames above our 'tron to ignite and to watch McGrattan kick some poor guy's butt on Center ice. One year ago today Rene (pronounced RENEE!) Bourque scored a hat trick and we walked out of the 'Dome with six goals...

I watched the Canucks play last night hoping the Oilers would take the win and some of their pride before they traveled the three hours to Calgary for tonight's match up. Although it is to our advantage that they're playing back to back games, you always hope the team playing your opponent beforehand drains them of as much energy as possible. Regardless, I am bias and always believe in my colors. And so I must go and prepare for my eventful evening. I have NEW socks (but we all knew I would...gotta love those brothers of mine), a new scarf (Thanks, Mom!), and my mittens from last year (Thanks, Danielle!). OH and I even have my new Flames miniature replica gloves for my rear view mirror! So, I bid you good-night and happy gaming!

Which Jersey should I wear......

GO FLAMES GO!

T

1 comment:

  1. Haha I'd have to have been in the hospital to miss that game, even though my dad said he'd take my place! And even then I would have watched on tv!

    ReplyDelete