Flames Central NYE 2010

Flames Central NYE 2010

Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Yawn"

Wow! So I attended the Flames game last night hosting the Columbus Blue Jackets and I can easily say that if I wasn't in the company of my Dad, James and my cousin Nicole, I may have thrown myself down the stairs for entertainment purposes. I was already aware of how slow games tend to be when we face the CBJ's yet I suppose this was my first live game watching, so I figured that being there in person would make for more excitement. Wrong. After leaving the game I watched the highlights and couldn't believe how much better everything looked when you could only see a portion of the ice. Neither team did anything fancy, none of the goals were worth standing up for and I don't think anyone so much as looked at another player let alone try and start a scrap. I'm not saying that a fight makes good hockey but I mean, come on! If any one player thought he played with heart last night I'd have to laugh. Let's hope that whatever the problem was last night doesn't carry over provincial barriers, we have a serious team to kill tonight.

I did have a great time last night regardless of the outcome of the Flames, who scored only once in the first period thanks to defenseman, Mark Giordano. After the first period my cousin and I ventured off for a walk while my dad and his friend, James went off on their own adventure. When Nicole and I get back to our seats there are nachos (jalapenos on the side) on our seat waiting for us but still no Dad and James. One old geezer at a time they make their way up the stairs about halfway through the second period and have no answer as to where the heck they were the whole time. Oh well, We continue watching our game and head off altogether during the third. This time we stop at the hard-bar downstairs and grab a drink and the boys leave us AGAIN...what are they doing??

Well... apparently Dad placed a bid at the silent auction (which I didn't even realize existed until a few weeks ago when I was at the CGY/VAN game in December with Danielle) for a signed and framed photo of CRAIG CONROY! He won! He makes his way up the stairs and after catching his breath hands me this delicious present! What a great dad! What a great day! What great company!

Let's fast track to tonight's up and coming game in our Away Jersey's being hosted by the Vancouver Canucks. It's about now that I usually talk about standings and where we're sitting but I would much rather forget that we've given them any chance at catching our stride. Although we are tied in points they sit in top spot due to a few minor technicalities. They have two more wins than we do so I think it's about time to switch gears and play some good hockey here, fellas! Unfortunately for me, my phone Vacationed in a snowbank outside my house for the last four days and is airing out for the night so I won't get to hear all of the lame jokes and such from all of the Canucks fans I have as friends....fortunately for them I won't be able to send gloating messages when we make this right tonight!

GO FLAMES GO!!!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment