Flames Central NYE 2010

Flames Central NYE 2010

Monday, December 28, 2009

"These Were a Few of My Favorite Things"

Perhaps I shouldn't count my chickens before they've hatched?

SO, let's recap on my list of Top Five things that I would love to always remember about last night's game.

#1 - "Ya! PLAY BY THE RULES, YOU JERK!" One of the funniest things I have ever heard yelled from the stands as a Canucks player got sent to the penalty box! I will never forget this, ever.

#2 - The Swedish Chef's five rows behind us on the next isle, "Bourque, Bourque, Bourque, Bourque!" (The same guys from #1)

#3 - The guys we made fun of because of their Flames Pajama pants from last year's Dec. 27th game that were behind us in line this year for beers. Same guys. Hilarious.

#4 - The drunkards sitting beside us that got caught taking pictures of Danielle with their phones and then the guy's comeback being "I have a wife and a kid and if my woman was here right now she'd beat your ***!" Way to go, buddy. You're a real man. If your woman was there maybe you wouldn't have been taking snap shots of other women at a hockey game.

#5 - The little guy behind me (Canucks fan) helping point out where Conroy was so I could take pictures!

All in all, our 2nd annual Dec 27th Flames game was far from a success, but us fans handled it well and there was little to no commotion between rivals. They cheered, we cheered...it was kind of nice. The Flames still hold two games in hand until tonight's game against our Alberta rivals, the Edmonton Oilers. The Flames struggled last night to keep their men out of the penalty box, although most of the calls were ridiculous and they seemed to favor Vancouver all night. Both of the charges against our goaltender, missed! A few dives and we're in the box again. Let's keep Bouwmeester on defense tonight, I'd say. And Glencross? Good to have you back on the ice buddy, no more suspensions, ok? Craig? I'm rooting for you! How about a goal for New Years! And somebody PLEASE, find me a Craig Conroy T-shirt?! I've been looking everywhere and no one has any left. OR a small Jersey? Anything!

And we're off! Flames @ Oilers! Let's make it 19-12!! Break this streak, boys!

GO FLAMES GO!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha I will never forget "Play by the rules, Jerk" either! lol
    That was such an awesome game, even though we didn't win or realistically even come close. Can't wait for the 3rd annual game next year! Maybe we'll run into the pj boys again :)

    ReplyDelete